The Internship Program
A.D. Players 2019-2020 Internships
Thank you for your interest in the A.D. Players 2018-2019 Internship Program. We offer exciting internship opportunities to work and perform with our Company in our 52nd anniversary season. A.D. Players is a professional resident theater company working under agreement with Actor’s Equity, at present staffing approximately 32 full-time employees.
Performance Internship Overview
The A.D. Players Internship offers selected individuals the opportunity to become acquainted with many disciplines of theater. It is the goal of the Internship Program to nurture young artists in their artistic growth while encouraging them to experience the practical skills required for a career in the theater arts. Our internship is an intensive and challenging one, that requires a commitment to excellence and many hours of hard work.
Full Season Internship (August 19th, 2019 - May 15, 2020)
Beginning in January 2019 we will begin accepting applications to hire 3-6 interns to work with our company in a full-time capacity with both performance and production responsibilities. Technical internships are also available. Each intern will receive a minimum of 14 EMC points upon completion of the internship.
Internship Application Guidelines and Requirements:
THE APPLICANT MUST:
1. E-mail your RESUME of theater and/or related experience.
2. E-mail TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION from people familiar with your experience and skills and a PERSONAL STATEMENT.
- The letters of recommendation should address how long and in what capacity the individual has known the applicant and address the applicant’s maturity, work ethic and ability to work under pressure.
- Your personal statement should be no longer than one page addressing the following questions: What is appealing to you about an internship at A.D. Players Theater? What are your current career goals? Why is this the right time in your life/career for this internship? What do you hope to contribute to (and to gain from) an internship at A.D. Players?
3. **ACTORS ONLY**: Submit a video of two contrasting monologues. Please e-mail us a link to your audition video rather than attaching the file to your email.
Prerequisites: Individuals applying for the Internship are encouraged to have:
1. BA, BFA, MA, MFA, in Theater and/or its related fields from accredited Universities;
2. or a secondary/minor in theater or its related fields (e.g. music, vocal training);
3. or solid performance/resume credits from theater productions and/or other theater training.
Additional Assignments: Interns are needed to support our programs in various ways. These additional assignments could include backstage crew, ushering, teaching, house managing, pre-show patron hosting, or phone coverage. These assignments may also require evenings and/or weekend hours.
On-Going Education: Our program is designed for individuals to work at a professional theater company, putting into practice their theater training while gaining valuable experience. The Internship may offer various classes with our Artistic Director and/or other resident company members.
Typical Schedule: Interns work in various performance, administrative and production assignments, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with additional production assignments possible on evenings and weekends. Other outside employment is not permitted during the internship.
Stipend: Interns are granted a monthly stipend. At present, the Intern stipend is $1,200/month. Any intern may elect for us to provide them housing within close proximity to the theater in which case the monthly stipend will be $500/month. Stipends will be paid on a weekly basis.
Benefits: Interns are not eligible for company health insurance plans. We encourage Interns to remain on their parents’/guardians’ insurance if possible.
Housing: Any intern may elect for us to provide them convenient housing in close proximity to our theater. If they elect this option then the monthly stipend is $500/month. If an intern elects to find their own housing then the monthly stipend is $1,200/month.
Conduct: As members of a professional theater, Interns and Company members are expected to respect the moral and ethical signature of the company.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!
Chip Simmons, Intern Director