The Internship Program
A.D. Players 2019-2020 Internships
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Internship. Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in the A.D. Players 2019-2020 Internship Program. We are no longer accepting applications for this season. Please check back for opportunities next year. We offer exciting internship opportunities to work and perform with our Company in our 53rd anniversary season. A.D. Players is a professional resident theatre company working under agreement with Actor’s Equity, at present staffing approximately 32 full-time employees.
Performance Internship Overview
The A.D. Players Internship offers selected individuals the opportunity to become acquainted with many disciplines of theatre. It is the goal of the Internship Program to nurture young artists in their artistic growth while encouraging them to experience the practical skills required for a career in the theatre arts. Our internship is an intensive and challenging one, that requires a commitment to excellence and many hours of hard work.
Beginning in January 2020 we will again begin accepting applications to hire 3-6 interns to work with our company in a full-time capacity with both performance and production responsibilities. Technical internships are also available. Each intern will receive a minimum of 14 EMC points upon completion of the internship.
Internship Application Guidelines and Requirements:
THE APPLICANT MUST:
1. E-mail your RESUME of theatre and/or related experience.
2. E-mail TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION from people familiar with your experience and skills and a PERSONAL STATEMENT.
The letters of recommendation should address how long and in what capacity the individual has known the applicant and address the applicant’s maturity, work ethic and ability to work under pressure.
Your personal statement should be no longer than one page addressing the following questions: What is appealing to you about an internship at A.D. Players Theatre? What are your current career goals? Why is this the right time in your life/career for this internship? What do you hope to contribute to (and to gain from) an internship at A.D. Players?
3. **ACTORS ONLY**: Submit a video of two contrasting monologues. Please e-mail us a link to your audition video rather than attaching the file to your email.
Prerequisites: Individuals applying for the Internship are encouraged to have:
1. BA, BFA, MA, MFA, in Theatre and/or its related fields from accredited Universities;
2. or a secondary/minor in theatre or its related fields (e.g. music, vocal training);
3. or solid performance/resume credits from theatre productions and/or other theatre training.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!
Chip Simmons, Intern Director